Friday, January 20, 2017

That Daejeon City Life (January 15, 2017)

Not gonna lie, I was quite surprised to transfer for my last transfer, and especially to move to a trio companionship! Also, last week I told you that one of my companions was KSB, and that she was a Korean from Utah...well...I misheard! My new companion is KSJ, and she isn't from Utah. Hahaha. So I kinda stand out in our trio because a) I am American and B) I am literally a foot taller than either of my comps. Hahaha. Time was flying by in Mokpo, and I was quite comfortable. I felt like I was going 1000 miles an hour! Coming to a new area with two new companions slammed me to a time-stilling halt! It is a little difficult, but it is also an awesome opportunity to learn some new lessons and re-get out of my comfort zone. That is something I have really learned on my mission -- NEVER GET COMFORTABLE! In order to grow we have to stretch and do hard things, and sometimes things that we wouldn't choose on our own. But that is all part of God's plan, and that is how we can learn and develop and become more like Him. So I am very thankful and excited for this transfer.
My new comps are so cute! I love them already.

You can't tell the height difference from these pics...but it is pretty extreme, haha!
Also, do you remember 송, the girl who met the elders on the street and asked about me? (Chandra's friend?) Well, she lives really close to where we are, and she is in our area. :D Hahaha, two weeks ago she traveled all the way to Mokpo to see me, but now we are neighbors! It is cool to see how God has planned this all out. From finding the elders on the street to me transferring to her area, it is all miracles! I just hope that we can accomplish what the Lord wants us to. We are meeting SD and her mom for dinner tonight. They attend the Catholic church pretty seriously, but I hope and pray that we will be able to share more of God's love with them and that their hearts will open to hear the message of the restored gospel. We definitely need the Holy Ghost to help us know what God wants us to do and say.

I love these Cheomdan sisters so much! It was fun to see them again.
 It is really stressing me out that I only have one transfer left. I try not to think about it, but sometimes it is hard! I want to go out with a bang, and have nothing left to give. I want to show God and Christ my love and dedication and I want to have no regrets. I love this gospel and I am so thankful to share with others about our Savior's love.


Love,

Al-Bal the Missionary Gal

Here are trips from our visit to the bamboo forest last week before I left Mokpo:

Bamboo forest with my baby Sadie (haha, her English name I gave her. She fits it so well!)

Me with Sadie again!

BAMBOO!!!

Loving that bamboo so hard!

Me and some real pandas


No comments:

Post a Comment