Thursday, November 10, 2016

YOU GOT MY RELEASE DATE?? (November 6, 2016)

I didn't even know my release date yet, I AM NOT READY TO GO!! But anyways...

Dear Family,

This week I have been trying to focus on enjoying the "nows". Missionary work, and life in general, can sometimes be super hard! So this week when I was feeling down, I read one of my favorite talks by President Uchtdorf called, "A Summer With Great Aunt Rose." Here is one of my favorite parts:

“I know a poem that says, ‘Forever—is composed of Nows.’ I didn’t want my forever to be composed of dark and fearful ‘Nows.’ And I didn’t want to live in the gloom of a bunker, gritting my teeth, closing my eyes, and resentfully enduring to the bitter end. Faith gave me the hope I needed to live joyfully now!  And faith and hope gave me confidence that one day everything would make sense, that because of the Savior, all the wrongs would be made right. After that, I saw that the path before me wasn’t as dreary and dusty as I had thought. I began to notice the bright blues, the verdant greens, and the fiery reds, and I decided I had a choice—I could hang my head and drag my feet on the dusty road of self-pity, or I could have a little faith, put on a bright dress, slip on my dancing shoes, and skip down the path of life, singing as I went.”
Our blessed tacos (THANKS MINDY & RY!!)

My new favorite food to make...sooo goooood!  Vietnamese rice wraps!

Yeah...Yum!
This week when things got a little crazy with the president in Korea, things seemed a little chaotic and overwhelming. There were protests all around Mokpo, even blocking the street that we usually walk on to go home at night.  In my head I was praying to feel peace and the Spirit, even though things seemed a little scary. People and policemen were everywhere by our apartment, so we were walking a different way when we heard somebody holler at us to stop. We stopped, a little confused, and saw two ladies running towards us. They said that they had been walking the other way, but had a feeling to come and talk to us. They were also volunteers doing service, and trying to get people to go to a performance called "Catana" which is a non-profit Christmas performance. As they talked to us, they showed us a brochure with people acting out the Nativity and celebrating Christ's birth. As they talked, I felt their love, God's love, the joy and hope that the Savior brings, and the Holy Ghost. It was a really special experience to be talking about Jesus Christ while we were surrounded by policemen and angry, yelling people. Even though things around us were crazy, we felt peace. I know that God heard my prayer and sent those ladies to us to help us know that God hadn't forgotten us, and to remind us that we can always feel Christ's peace. This experience also showed me that we can find joy in the "nows"! Eternity really is made of "nows", and so we always have to make the best of every situation.
A cute purple berry!

Macaroons!!! Yummy...
Also! This week we got to meet with a new investigator who I originally shared a BoM with on the bus. She is Catholic, so we went to Mass with her, which was an interesting experience. After Mass, she took us to a Cafe and introduced us to two of her friends, who we are now meeting with. Right now they have English interest, but with the Spirit I know that they can change to gospel interest! This experience filled me with gratitude that God once again helped me have courage to open my mouth and share the gospel. You never know what can happen! God has lots of plans!

Also, I love serving with Sister P. I also love studying the 12 weeks book and PMG. I have felt so much strength and have been able to recognize so many areas that I need to improve on. I have a long way to go, but I am trying to become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Love,
Sister Beckett

We went on a hike today for p-day. This is the beginning!

Here we are with a soldier man

This is the end view of our hike. STUNNING!

The other side of the end view

Me and the cute Sista P

The rockkkk

No comments:

Post a Comment