Friday, November 25, 2016

A Heart Full of Joy! (November 21, 2016)

HEY!!! Sorry I am on so late!! Sister P and I went to the middle of nowhere and rode a lot of crazy buses to get there! Hahaha we saw some cool Buddhist temples, and took some fun pictures in our hanboks! Don't kill me, but I don't have time to send pics of that today. Next week!

The church is doing the COOLEST things for Christmas this year. We as missionaries had special trainings about it this week. I am pumped to be a part of it! Find out more here! 
https://www.lds.org/church/news/church-encourages-small-and-simple-acts-on-worldwide-day-of-service?lang=eng&_r=1&cid=HP_FR_11-11-2016_dWEL_fEVT_xLIDyL2-1_

Also, on November 25 check out LDS.org because and AWESOME new video is coming out. We got to see it a little early. I LOVED it, and I know you will, too! Light up the world this Christmas season! Anyway...

Last night I couldn't sleep for such a long time, because my heart was SO HAPPY. SOOOOO HAPPY!  I have felt God pouring His blessings and love on us lately, and I feel so humbled and happy to be a part of His work.

This week, we were able to set a baptismal date with our investigator JM. We first met her on the street and shared a Book of Mormon with her. Her baptismal date is December 11th. It was quite the miracle...only our second time meeting her and she is willing to work towards a baptismal date! She has attended lots of different churches before. We went to her house and she showed us shelves of journals filled with notes she has taken on the Bible. But even after attending all of those churches, she has been wondering which church is true. SHE HAS FOUND IT! We were able to meet with her three different times this past week. She has been going to choir practices, helping us and the young women make Christmas cards, and she came to church again on Sunday. This week at church, the members' hearts were a little more opened than they were last week. People greeted her and put their arms around her, and I was SO THANKFUL!! We were really worried that she would not go to church, because Saturday night she called and said she didn't want to go to church the next day. (Still not sure why!) Sunday rolled around, and Sacrament Meeting was starting, and she still hadn't showed up. We sang the sacrament hymn, and the sacrament was blessed. After the sacrament was blessed, I closed my eyes again and started praying that JM would come to church. Imagine my surprise when I finished my prayer, opened my eyes, and she was NEXT TO ME ...chewing the sacrament bread! I almost screamed from delight!! Instead I just reverently hugged her, haha. During Sunday School time, we taught her with a member. As part of our lesson we taught the Word of Wisdom. Right now she drinks coffee and tea, but she is going to do her best to live the Word of Wisdom. I love her for that! I love when people are willing to try to change. She is a miracle! (I sent this part to my president, too haha) I know transfers are coming up, and I will willingly and happily go wherever the Lord and you think I should go. But if there is ANY way that if I do transfer, that I could come back to Mokpo for her baptism, I would literally be ETERNALLY grateful. I have worked my hardest my whole mission, and haven't really had visible results. But JM is a miracle that God sent me. The Holy Ghost prompted me to share a Book of Mormon with her, and I am so thankful that I did. It would mean the world to me to see her baptized.

Just when I thought Sunday couldn't get any better, I got a surprise phone call from a (no longer) less-active member from when I served in Hungdok. She is in her twenties, and when I served there, we were able to help her become active again in the church. We visited her multiple times a week, and we became true friends with her. It was such a great surprise to hear from her. I will never forget her voice telling me these things on the phone yesterday: "Thank you. Thank you for everything. You saved my faith! You saved my faith! I am happy now. I am really, really happy. And I just wanted to tell you. I am happy because I am saying my prayers, reading my scriptures, attending church, and counting my blessings." As she talked to me on the phone she cried. I can't describe the complete joy I felt from that phone call. In her voice I could HEAR the happiness, I could tell that she has come to the Savior. It was the most incredible phone call of my whole life. All I could think about was D&C 18 that talks about the joy of bringing souls unto Christ. IT REALLY IS JOYFUL! SOOO JOYFUL! And it isn't a joy that disappears. I am so thankful for that. I love being a missionary and representing our Lord Jesus Christ.

Love,
Sister Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment