Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Happppppy P-day! (August 14, 2016)

HAPPY ONE YEAR! Thanks for the package!
Well...Satan worked hard this week! Sometimes it seems like he is winning battles...BUT in the end he is the biggest loser ever! So it is okay. We weren't able to set a baptismal date this week, but we are hoping to this coming week. It was a bummer because at our lesson with KJ, her kids were PSYCHO, and then when we were about to start our lesson, a fix-it man came and fixed their door for the rest of the night, so we couldn't share our message. But on the bright side, the investigator is still golden and so SO GOOD!  We just love her.

This week Andrew sent me a talk about becoming a missionary who works with their heart instead of just going through the actions. (It is a 24 page talk...so it goes a LOT more in depth than that, but for times sake...that was the main point!) Anyway. I have really been trying to apply that principle, and as I have worked on serving with my heart instead of just being obedient to be obedient, or proselyting just to proselyte, I have been choosing to do it all out of love, and it has made the biggest difference! My perspective is slowly changing, and I am so grateful for that. 
Kimbap...beautiful AND Delicious!
Also, this morning in personal study I studied an article by Matthew S. Holland (Maybe a son of the legend?) about Joseph Smith. I LOVED it, and I want to share a bit of it with you. "In spite of failure, mishap, and bitter opposition, -- and in many cases because of those things -- Joseph Smith got exactly where he needed to be to fulfill his mission. Thus, just like our beloved Joseph, you must never give up, give in, or give out when life in general, or missionary work in particular, gets utterly painful, confusing or dull. Rather, as Paul teaches, you must see that, "all things work together for good to them that love God to them who are called according to his purpose." (Rom. 8:28) Just as He did with young Joseph Smith, God is shaping and directing you every single day to ends more glorious than you can know!"  I have learned that over and over on my mission. It is from the hard times, the lonely times, the "why is this happening to me?" times, that we grow. Those are the times where God is putting us in a position to receive more blessings than we can imagine. So if you are in one of those times, HOLD ON!

I am so thankful to be serving in the Mokpo ward. The members are fantastic, especially our ward mission leader. He is SO INVOLVED and excited about missionary work. He calls us multiple time a week. He checks up on us, and also gives us ideas for missionary work. It is so helpful when members want to help with missionary stuff! Because really, we ALL are missionaries. I don't know why it took me becoming a full-time, name-badge-wearing missionary to realize that I should have always been a missionary my whole life! Just let your light shine in little ways, and God will help you be a member-missionary.
So far each of my Korean companions have gone and bought new glasses while we served together. These are Sister J's new glasses!  Time for me to get some!
Well, gotta run, have a great week!

Love
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment