Sunday, June 12, 2016

Special Week! May 29, 2016

We haven't been able to meet with 강 (K____ she attended sacrament once with her son) for a while because she started a job and is always busy. So instead, we decided to make her a cute message card and a candy heart to hang on her door. SHE LOVED IT! She sent us like a billion texts and  was thrilled, and I think that she could really feel that we loved and cared about her, so that was great, even though we haven't met her for a while.

The investigator I told you about last week who asked about the BoM (이   E___)  is awesome! She is struggling with depression, and she noticed that we are sincerely happy, so she wants to continue to learn about this religion so that she can be happy, too. We are meeting with her 2 times a week (3 if you count English class!) . Fun fact: She is a food scientist for Nestle in Korea! So she designed the strawberry milk powder that is sold in Korea. Now she is working on improving the instant coffee. Right now she drinks 5 cups a coffee a day...and she googled 'Mormons' and learned about the word of wisdom, and I don't think she likes that. We really wanted to do a member lesson with her, but every time we think and pray about which member to teach with, our minds hit a blank. (To be continued)

Anyway... this week we also met a LA, and she is wonderful! We visited her and shared a message and she just cried and kept saying, "How did you know I needed this? How did you know?" She wanted to go to church again, but was really scared of what members would think because she got a divorce. So we offered to come to her apartment and walk to church together, and she said okay! So she came to church on Sunday, which was awesome! Then, later Sunday night, 주(Sister J, my comp!)  and I both (separately) had a strong impression that this LA would be the perfect person to do a member lesson with for 이! It was really awesome to each have that come as personal revelation. When we talked about it together, we were assured that it really was inspiration from God, because we had both had the same thought!

My companion, 주 is wonderful. She is always smiling, always willing to listen and always willing to give ideas. I love being her companion. She really does not need training. She is an incredible person and I am thankful to serve with her.

Also, another thing I learned this week! We were doing 12 Weeks for training our greenies, and we were watching "The District". I don't remember what the exact words were, but as I watched and listened to some of the sister missionaries talk on the film, I received an answer to my prayers. The feeling I received and the words the sister missionary said went something like this: When you think you are inadequate, STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT and start thinking about how you can help somebody else. If you are always thinking of others, it is inevitable to love them. Stop thinking of yourself and your inadequacies, and think of other people! As I have continued to ponder that, I have received some more insight. The reason why I feel inadequate is because I am worried that I can't help other people and let them know that I love them (because of the language barrier.) BUT if I just focus on other people and serving them, then I don't have to worry about being inadequate. By thinking about others and by not focusing on my inadequacies, I can help others feel my love, and more importantly, the Savior's love. So my challenge and invitation to all of you this week is to STOP thinking of negative things, or of inadequacies that you might have, and START thinking of other people. How can you help them? How can you show them love? We all have something to offer!
This is Sister B. She and her husband worked in the mission office.  They went home this week. :( We love them so much!! Did I ever tell you guys that she gave me a bunch of laminated leaves because she knows I love leaves??? :)
GUESS WHAT?! I just got a text from a previous investigator who dropped us, and because of her hurt ankle she can't leave her apartment and SHE WANTS US TO COME SEE HER!!! :D :D :D WOOOOOWWWW!!!!!! Miracles!!! I am so thankful for her broken ankle! I am not positive that that is what the text means, but I think so! ( her English is a little rough!)

WOOHOO!

Gotta run, but I love you all!

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment