Sunday, June 12, 2016

So many things...1 week! May 22, 2016

I could write a novel just about this week alone! But time is 없습니다!!! So I will do my best to summarize...

We had Zone Conference this week!I It was really great and I learned a lot from my ZLs and DL. Probably the thing I learned most and that has helped me the most this week was what I learned from my DL, Elder Warren: Instead of only praying to find prepared people, pray for prepared people to FIND YOU! Wow, I had never thought of that one before! He talked about how there are prepared people all around us, but they don't know that they are prepared and often times when we talk to these people they will automatically reject us. (SO true. Don't be offended future missionaries, you will be rejected multiple times a day for no reason! It is okay) Anyway...if they can recognize us and come to us, our work is made a lot easier. 

So... I tried that advice this week! And MIRACLES happened!! First of all, me and 주은규 자매님 had a lot of plans fall through this week, which means that we did a LOT of talking to people on the streets. It is SO HOT right now! Like mid 80's! I have heard Korean summers make you want to die. I believe it, it is already roasting! Apparently the city I am serving in gets ESPECIALLY hot in the summer. I have been warned by members! Also with the humidity...you are constantly sticky and gross feeling. Maybe AJ can relate with Florida!! ANYWAY... we thought we might die because it was so hot and we were doing our best to go talk to people on the street. While we were talking to people I constantly prayed in me head to find prepared people, and for them to find us. It kind of worked! While we talked to people we were each able to give out our BoMs, get a phone number, meet some awesome people.... We also got to help an old lady carry like 20 pounds of groceries for a half mile, which was also super awesome. We love service!



But wait, there's more! That night at English class, a lady showed up who saw one of our advertisements. After class she came up to me and said, "What is that book that you guys read?" I was a little confused at how she knew about the BoM, because at the time my BoM was at a different table, but I was beyond thrilled to tell her about it. I went and got it and I asked her how she knew about the Book of Mormon, and this was the coolest part! She said she saw Sister K and I a month earlier, on the bus, and we were holding BoMs. She thought it was really interesting that we were carrying that book with us on the bus, and she thought we must be really dedicated, religious people. Then, when she came to English class, she was shocked to find out that we were the same people that she had seen on the bus! So when she saw us at English class she knew that we mush have the BoM nearby us!  God is working miracles! She really wants to learn more about our gospel, so we are going to meet with her tonight!! She was really excited to read the BoM. :D

SO many other random, hilarious, funny, sad awesome miracle things happened  this week.. I want to tell you EVERYTHING! But time is gone! I will write it all diligently in my journal (maybe if I ever have time) and send pics of my journal to you. It was a good, weird week! Also this week a 87 year old man bought me a whole pizza. That was cute. 

Also I never told you guys this but every week for the past 2 months we've been meeting with the sweetest girl helping her prepare for her mission. She is going to temple square! Anyway, yesterday was her farewell talk. I LOVE HER! Afterards she just cried and hugged me and told me thanks for helping her feel prepared for her mission. We kinda have a bond because I am serving in her home area and she is going to go to mine! I just adore her. I will send a pic one day of her. Look for a Sister J on temple square! She radiates!

Our awesome 상당 bishop and his wife and kids. :)  I am not looking too fine, but man I love these people so I have to send you this!


Well dang it I have a lot more to say...but no time. I love you all!


PS. HOw was Dad's Birthday?

PSS. Those Asian fans are real, like in Mulan. It is so hot here that people are always fanning themselves with beautiful Asian fans! Also everyone uses umbrelllas because they want to be white and not get tan! Me on the other hand, I want to get tan! It is funny when me and my three Korean sisters walk together down the street because the all put their BoMs above their head to block the sun. Hahaha.

Love you all!~

No comments:

Post a Comment