Friday, May 20, 2016

Transfer Time, May 1, 2016

Sorry to be emailing a little late today...but transfer calls came. I will give you a clue.



Well...originally Sister K and I were over two areas...so we are BOTH staying. And we are both TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hence the tears.

Uhhh HOW AM I GOING TO SPEAK KOREAN!? I am so scared! SOOOOOO SCARED! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also the interesting part is that we are still just sharing the two areas, so we will switch off wards every week. But dang, I don't know the ward member's names. They sound like a bunch of sounds blended into an Asian smoothie! WHAT AM I GONNA DO?! How am I gonna lead a greenie around Korea?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Emailing back and forth, this is from her brother, Andrew or AJ:  "The Lord called you and He will qualify you =) I saw that more as a missionary than ever before!"


Thanks AJ, I hope so! He is a sneaky Father! I never saw this one coming!
Also...I have NO IDEA how we are gonna fit two more people in our tiny, cute, little, ancient apartment.   I don't get to find out who my new companion will be until I go to the mission home to pick her up! 

Thank you all for your encouragement...I really need it! 


Mom! Yesterday we had dinner at my bishop's house (who is awesome!) And he and his wife started talking about Elder Kikuchi! I asked if his name was Yoshihiko Kikuchi and they said yes! I told them that he was your mission president and they were so happy. Apparently he is a legend in Korea (even though he is Japanese) and everyone LOVES HIM. He used to be the North Asia President.

Also! Nate and Seth and dad! I finally got your letters! You sent them March 25, and I got them April 26. Not sure why it took so long, but that is okay! I absolutely loved each of them. Thank you so much! And Nate and Seth your testimonies of the Atonement really strengthened mine. So thank you!

As for a week update:

__ came to church! Having an investigator come to church is a) one of the HAPPIEST feelings in the world, and b) one of the most terrifying feelings in the world. So Sunday was quite a roller coaster. Things went really good and really bad. Some of the ward members reached out so lovingly! Others reached out...a little scarily. BUT she is still wonderful and we are pretty sure that she will come to church again next week. The real question is WILL IT BE ME OR SISTER K GOING TO THIS WARD NEXT WEEK?! Ahhh! SO much on my mind! It is okay though! Anyway, I just adore her. She is so prepared. God is SO GOOD! Thanks for the prayers. I wish I could explain how much I love her, but I can't!

I am so sorry, I have to go. I had so much I wanted to tell you about! I learned so much in personal study that I wanted to share with you guys today, but time is gone. Just know that I know that this church is true. And God loves you SO MUCH!
Sister K and I love the flowers!

Before I go I have to tell you so fast some things I learned.

This morning I learned about how to become an ASTONISHING person. Ammon was astonishing (as King Lamoni says twice!), and I want to be like him! If you study Alma 17 and 18, you can learn how he became astonishing. Here are some of the things I found: have patience, be courageous, trust the Lord, be joyful, be of good cheer, search scriptures diligently, fast and pray, win other people's love by sincere service, be faithful, be selfless and submissive, rely on the spirit, desire to do good, have confidence, have pure intentions, focus on other people's needs, recognize that your power comes from God, apply the scriptures and words of the prophets to yourself. There are more, but you have to find them~

Hmm sorry for the bad grammar but I had to bust that one out! If you seriously study Alma 17 and 18, you can learn SO MUCH on how to become a better missionary, or a better person. Through Jesus Christ, we can become ASTONISHING! As Sister Whiting (Area President's wife) said at our mission tour, "Astonish them with your kindness. Astonish them with your goodness!" We can become astonishing and bright, with the help of Christ. 

Going for reals now, Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Man, this is some really good talk material!!!

    ReplyDelete