Sunday, March 6, 2016

Miracles!! February 28, 2016

I see so many of these clam tanks outside of restaurants EVERY DAY! I want a pet clam! Sometimes they squirt water!
This week has been full of miracles, big and small. I would like to share two of them with you. Miracle #1: Earlier this week I was walking and I felt something slip off my wrist. I looked down, and my watch had broken! The metal part that holds the band to my  wrist was gone. I figured that there was no way to fix it, because I had no idea where the metal piece was, or how long it had been missing. As you know, missionaries walk all over the place, so I figured it was impossible to find the metal piece. But God wanted to show me a miracle! So the next day, after it had rained all night, we were walking down a path and 김미형 자매님 said that she thought that she heard a little "ding!" sound in that spot the day before, and that maybe tiny metal piece missing from my watch was there. I looked down, took a few steps, and what did I see gleaming on the brick ground? My metal watch piece! WOW!!! We thought that was the coolest miracle ever. I am thankful that my companion listened to the Spirit! It may seem like just a small miracle, but it meant the world to me. 

Miracle #2: We have a progressing investigator! This miracle came out of the blue! The previous 이사야장로님 (who now lives in New Zealand) gave us a referral! Her name is 최다미. We met with her on Saturday for the 30/30 program, and started teaching the gospel. We were having our lesson at the 흥덕 church, and it just so happened that a ward BBQ was happening right after our lesson. So after our lesson, we went to the BBQ together, and she was able to meet a lot of the ward members. We also talked a bit about baptism, and she said that maybe if she learns more about the church she would get baptized. We invited her to come to our ward the next day for church. SHE CAME! She attended sacrament meeting, and we taught her a lesson after that. Isn't that awesome?! I am so thankful for her, and that 이사야장로님 referred her to us. 

Heavenly Father is really sending us a lot of blessings. I am so thankful for such a kind Father in Heaven!

Also, this week I got Valentine's Day letters From Deb-T and her family and Aunt Tawnja and her family! They were all so sweet! Deb-T and her kids sent a heart attacking kit for me to hang up in my apartment! The hearts all say the cutest and funniest things! Huge thanks to Debbie's family & Tawnja's family! Here's a picture of the heart attack:

Heart attack!
 Also, I just wanted to share with you guys that this week I have learned a lot about humility! I have to tell you, it can be so SO hard to live in a country and not feel like you can communicate with anyone. This week I hit some lows with the language and I prayed soooooo many times telling Heavenly Father "I KNOW I can't do it by myself. I KNOW I need you! I feel like I am cut down as low as I can get, now can you please help build me back up? I have been here for 5 months and  I am doing everything that I know how! PLEASE HELP ME! " Anyway, this morning in my personal study I learned some cool things. Let me share.

First, Ether 9:35 The people were in a drought, and when the HUMBLED themselves, the Lord sent rain, and NEW GROWTH came.

"And it came to pass that when they had humbled themselves sufficiently before the Lord he did send rain upon the face of the earth; and the people began to revive again; and there began to be fruit in the north countries, and in all the countries round about. And the Lord did show forth His power unto them in preserving them from famine."

Then I remembered the talk by Elder Christofferson where he quotes President Hugh B Brown and tells the story of the current bush. The bush was becoming a tree, and not producing fruit, so the gardener pruned it. He said, "Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for gutting me down, for loving me enough to hurt me."

All of this really seemed to apply to me lately. I need to humble myself and figure out what it is that Heavenly Father wants me to become. THere is a reason I am being cut down. There is a reason that all of us have trials. How can we grow? Who does Heavenly Father want us to become? How can we find new growth? Heavenly Father loves us so much that He is willing to give us hard times because He knows that it will help us become something EVEN BETTER!

Anyway, my thoughts for the day!

Me and my cute compy wompy!
Love,
벡켓자매

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes all spastic when I read how homesick Allie girl is sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete