Friday, March 25, 2016

March 13, 2016

My letter to President Shin this week (I LOVE HIM!)

President Shin,

Sometimes I don't know how much good I am doing in Korea. I am not really sure if I am making a difference (although I am doing my best!) I want to help other people so bad... But what I DO know is that I have already met so many incredible, loving, Christ-like people on my mission. My view of this gospel and my love for the gospel and my Savior have grown so much by meeting so many incredible people. I loved 첨단 , and I didn't think any other place could compete with it! But much to my surprise, 상당 and 흥덕 are incredible, too. I have met some of the most kind, loving, fun, selfless people since serving here. What an incredible opportunity! This week has been a week where my heart was FULL of LOVE! All week I have been thinking of the lyrics to the hymn, "Each Life That Touches Ours for Good." It explains the feelings of my heart perfectly.

Lots of love,
Sister Beckett

Heart attacking!
I have to tell you all, I really do love my companion with all of my heart! She is the kindest, most patient wonderful girl!

Well, here's a fun fact: since Korea is so close to China, when we eat Chinese Food, it is LEGIT Chinese food. ALl the stuff you eat in the USA is NOT Chinese food. Hahah. Maybe similar...

Also, I can mail stuff home via ship/boat and it is really cheap, but it takes 2 months. SO I think I am gonna send you all my letters and filled journals because I have too much stuff! I will also send some Korean Ramen (IDK what the heck we eat in America...the ramen here is SOOOOOOO good and a little spicy!) And some of my other favorite Korean snacks/food. 

So tell me about Nate:  When will his call come?!?!?!?!?!?!  My guess is Stateside: NYC or DC! And Foreign: I hope Korea because maybe I would get permission to see him before I come home! But I don't think he will go here. My real foreign guess is Finland because it has the hardest language (I think I heard Korean is 3rd hardest!) and since he is so smart he would pick it up in his sleep!

So Mindy and Ryan, you are going to sing in your ward? My vote on what song you sing is "Each Life That Touches Ours For Good." That song is seriously my life right now! I want to type all the lyrics to you, but I don't have time! SO please pretty please read it sometime. It is gorgeous. I have met so many incredible, INCREDIBLE people on my mission. Let me tell you about one in my new area.

A*: She is Korean, she used to live in America. She lied her way through college and she used to run an underground gambling business. She is straight up from the hood and I LOVE HER! She is a recent convert, and I have never met a more charitable, loving person. Now she runs a food truck here, and she always tells us to come anytime. She speaks gangsta English. I love it. Anyway, she literally has a HEART OF GOLD and she has the most powerful testimony. Last week we went and visited her food truck, and I heard something BLASTING LOUD. I thought it was the radio at first, but nope, A* was blasting the BOM (Book of Mormon) out of her food truck. Like SO LOUD! HHAHAHAAHAHAH Everyone could hear it. That is how cool A* is. Every time I see her I learn to judge less and LOVE MORE!

I love you all soososossosososososossosooso much! I am sorry I have slacked at letter writing, whitewashing is a little crazy! But I will write letters better! Love you all sososos much!

Sorry, have to go!

Love you
Allie
There was a giant fire a couple of blocks from our house. These are melted motorcycles!

This was a store on the lower level, apartments above. So sad!


No comments:

Post a Comment