Sunday, December 13, 2015

Hey Ya'all!!

WELL HELLO!!! I love you all to pieces!! I am sitting in the computer lab eating some 김밥 (kimbap) and writing at the same time, because we have to combine computer time with lunch. Otherwise I wouldn't get to email you until tonight, because we are going to do a service project!!

So here is a picture of me stuffing some in my mouth!!

As for me, I am doing great. I am so incredibly thankful to be serving in Korea, specifically  첨단 .  I know this sounds cheesy, but my heart bursts with love for the members here and for all of our investigators. I just love Korea! I am so proud of our investigators when they keep commitments and come to church. I feel so happy to know that they are coming to know the Savior better. I am thankful to my Savior, Jesus Christ, because every time I turn to Him, He lifts my burdens and gives me strength. What a wonderful brother and Savior! I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for blessing me to serve here. My Korean is slowly but surely improving. Reflecting back on when I first got here, I have learned SO MUCH!!

Seth, you asked me if they have ice cream here. Yes!!! They have ice cream cones! Like the kind that have chocolate stuck in the bottom so that the ice cream doesn't leak through. They have poprocks flavor! Also, they literally have a Baskin Robbins shop at every corner in Korea!

Also, traffic in Korea is crazy. They literally do whatever they want. Motorcycles drive down sidewalks all of the time. Two days ago a motorcycle drove up behind me and I didn't see it so I turned around and screamed bloody murder and accidentally jumped and almost kicked it (by this point, the other sisters had already dropped to the ground laughing), and then I felt embarrassed and went and started laughing and hid behind a pole...

Cabbage is a decoration plant here in Korea, so the other day I ate one. Sister W thought I would die!
Do you remember our investigator, P? She still can't come to church because she is so busy on Sundays, but she loves the gospel soooo much! Every time we come, she has like 4 pages of notes written about the scriptures. She glows and I love her and she is a miracle from God! She is the one who saw me trying to open the door, so she came and let me in. Can you all pray that her schedule can free up so that she can come to church? Thanks, FAITH!!  Also, I think you should all ponderize the scripture Mosiah 29:20. Read it! My favorite part is that it says "in all cases." That will all make sense after you read it, haha.

Baptism pics!! The dad is a recent convert and got to baptize his two daughters. Beautiful!
Sorry, cause I GOT TO GO, but I love you all so much!!

Love, 

Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment